Rider Assessments for Hunter- Jumper- Equitation and Three-day event riders. Dressage rider assessment is measured by the time staying centered.
Goal: To help the rider improve their balance and effectiveness
Actual Test of a rider
Trot and canter each direction The time is measured for each movement with the hunter – jumper or three day event rider in the two point position.
Rider #1 unable to two point at the trot and canter
|Rider #1 trial 1
|Rider #1 trial 2
Trial # 2 was tested after 8 weeks at 2x/week of performance training in our office.
- Procedure at the barn and using your horse: The rider performs and measured as test and is videoed.
- The rider posture is assessed and their flexibility and general manual muscle test.
- The rider is treated to assist strength gains for a short – term
- The rider rides the test again
- Home exercises are given as per this assessment.
- The rider is given the opportunity to work in our clinic to gain further and long-term riding and health benefits.
The most benefit is found when treatment is done 2x/week for 8 weeks.